If you plan on making changes on your land in the County of Barrhead, you may require permits from Planning & Development.
A development permit is required for any new development on a property, including new structures, additions to existing structures, and moving a structure on to a property. A subdivision application is required when splitting one property into two or more parts. A compliance letter is a document from the County that reviews records and confirms if all structures on a property are permitted and meet district regulations.
Superior Safety Codes Inc.
780-489-4777 or 1-866-999-4777
The Inspections Group Inc.
780-454-5048 or 1-866-554-5048
Expand the options below for more information on Planning & Development application forms. Questions regarding applications can be directed to the Development Department at 780-674-3331.
- Site plan: a drawing of the location of the structure on the parcel of land showing setbacks (distances) from existing buildings as well as from property lines
- Floor plan: a drawing of the planned floor plan for the structure
- Associated fee: Payment can be made in person via cash, interac or cheque, by mail via cheque, or e transfer to email@example.com Please refer to the Schedule of Fees, Charges & Payment Rates.
- Subdivision Application
- Statement Regarding Abandoned Wells Located
- Statement Regarding NO Abandoned Wells Located
- Authorization for Electronic Communication
- Landowner Letter of Authorization
- All existing buildings and structures on the property, including fences and sheds
- The distances from existing buildings and structures to property lines
- The date of the survey
- The address and legal description of the property