Arts and cultural activities are popular pursuits in the Town and County of Barrhead. The community hosts a large number of active and talented art and cultural groups.
Barrhead & District Adult Learning Council
Offers various arts and crafts courses and workshops from September through June.
The Barrhead Arts Council
Hosts national and international entertainment at least 5 times a year.
Barrhead Community Theater
Offers a number of theater productions throughout the year. This talented group of amateur performers and singers have presented works such as "The King and I" and "Annie Get Your Gun to The Odd Couple."
Barrhead Photo Club
The Barrhead Photo Club is for amateur and serious photography enthusiasts who enjoy learning and sharing their skills. New members always welcome. Photo club members meet on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month, and consist of 'learning night' and a club competition night. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Barrhead Art Club
With over 30 active members, the club presents two shows annually, and on a rotating basis at the Barrhead Public Library Gallery and at the Pembina Hills Regional Division Head Office. The club offers workshops and regular lessons at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced level. A number of artists have received recognition as juried members of the Alberta Society of Artists and The Federation of Canadian Artists.
- Potters Guild
- Spinners and Weavers
- Town & Country Art Club
- Barrhead Gemseekers
- Footworks Dance Academy
- XPressions Dance & Fitness Centre
- Madrigal Singers
- Country Opry
- Rejoicing Voices
- Barrhead Senior Versatiles
- Camp Creek Community
- Camp Creek Ladies Club
- MTM Recreation Centre
- Highridge & District Agricultural Society
- T & M Beef
- Glenreagh Community Association
- MTM Horse
- Meadowview Community Association
- Mosside Community Hall
- Summerdale Community Hall
- Gardenview Community Club
- Barrhead & District Agricultural Society
- Royal Canadian Air Cadets
- Cubs, Beavers, and First Barrhead Scout Group
- Brownies and Girl Guides
- 4-H Clubs - look on www.4h.ab.ca for club finder information (6 clubs are active in the County)
- Barrhead Public Library (housed in the Barrhead Elementary School)
- Neerlandia Community Library (housed in Neerlandia Public Christian School)
- Barrhead & District Reading & Writing Program
- Barrhead & District Twinning Committee
Cultural activities are popular with the County of Barrhead and the Town. The Barrhead & District Twinning Committee organize and support visits and cultural exchanges with our "sister towns" - Tokoro, Japan, Drouin, Australia and Chapala, Mexico.