Alberta Open Farm Days returns August 19 & 20, 2023
Alberta Open Farm Days is an incubator for agri-tourism and rural sustainability. This is a collaborative, province-wide event that provides Albertans an opportunity to experience the farm and understand where their food comes from. It is a backstage pass to meet the farmer, experience Agri-tourism in Alberta and taste local foods directly from the producer.
Join us on August 19 & 20, 2023, when many Albertan farms, ranches, and agri-tourism operators open their gates to share local stories, give on-farm demonstrations, and present local products.
Become a 2023 Host Farm
Early host farm registration is now open! Click here to pre-register.
Not sure about becoming a host? Alberta Open Farm Days is hosting many free online training sessions for host farms. Learn more about how to become a host farm, easy event planning, ag-tourism insurance, farm financing, social media marketing, farm spaces site-management, and much more!
In 2022, 7 County of Barrhead businesses and farms participated in Alberta Open Farm Days!
- Alberta Hemp Works (industrial hemp processing mill)
- Birch Creek Farms (bison farm)
- De Herdt Gardens & Elieneke's Bake Shop (garden centre & coffee house bistro)
- Ehrenholz Farms (beef cattle & market garden)
- Happiness is Homemade... & Found (country craft store)
- Quedenbaum Farms (grain farm)
- Van Assen Farms (grain farm & flour mill)