In today's fast-paced world, stopping at a Farmers Market isn’t always possible. However, many people still prefer those fresh garden and farm foods. The Alberta Food Marketplace strives to fill this gap by providing an online platform for local producers to market their products and get locally grown food directly from farm to table. This initiative was developed in partnership by the Northeast Alberta Food Marketers Association and Community Futures.
The Alberta Food Marketplace has many benefits for both producers and consumers!
- Market your local product to many buyers
- Create a brand profile
- Manage your own product page, including pricing and shipping details
- Collect quotes or use an auction system to insure you get the best price for your goods
- Promote and sell your products without the need to set up your own website and ecommerce system.
- Get to know the local producers in your area, so that you can shop local
- Buy from a producer that you can visit and get to know where your food actually comes from
- Help to support the local economy, and insure that locally grown foods remain financially viable