Now accepting applications for committee members!
Make a difference!
Board and committee members provide advice on issues that are important to the County. The boards and committees are diverse, independent and impartial. They are made up of dedicated residents from across the County with varied skills, backgrounds and experience.
As a resident, serving on a board or committee is an excellent opportunity to learn more about municipal government and the topics covered by each board and committee. Board experience is an impressive addition to your resume and can help expand your network.
Board and Committee members are compensated for attending meetings.
List of Boards and Committees Open for Members at Large
- Agricultural Service Board (ASB): Meets from 9:00 to noon on the second Tuesday of each month.
- Agricultural Pests Appeal Committee & Weed Control Appeal Board: Hears appeals of Inspector's notices issued under Agricultural Pests Act and the Weed Control Act.
- Barrhead Regional Fire Services Committee: Reviews and recommends policies and procedures for their efficient operations of the Regional Fire Services.
- Barrhead Library Board: An intermunicipal board that oversees the management and operation of the Barrhead Public Library and Neerlandia Public Library - 1 position available (Please contact the public library for more information).
- Economic & Community Development Committee: Meets quarterly and makes recommendations to the County Council relating to economic development matters in the municipality.
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board (SDAB): 6 members total, 4 from a rural municipality and 2 from an urban municipality, to hear and determine subdivision and development appeals. Meetings are held as required through an appeal procedure.
For more information or to submit a letter of interest, contact Pam Dodds, Executive Assistant to CAO at 780-674-3331 or email@example.com.
A letter of interest can be submitted to:
Pam Dodds, Executive Assistant to CAO
County of Barrhead
5306 49 Street
Barrhead, AB T7N 0J2
All applications received are taken to Council for review. Council will determine who is most suitable for the position. Applicants should ensure that relevent experience and a list of any committee experience is also reflected on submitted letters of interest.
All applicants, whether successful or not, will be notified by post or email.
Members are typically selected at the first Council meeting in December.
Any resident of the County (18 and older) may apply for a position on any of our committees where positions for Members at Large are available. The Town of Barrhead may have positions available on some of the joint committees.
Committee members receive the normal County per diem rates and mileage for attending a meeting.