Newsletter Signup



Volume Nineteen, December 2018

Volume Eighteen, 2016

Volume Seventeen, 2016

Volume Sixteen, 2015

Volume Fifteen, 2014

Volume Fourteen, 2014

Volume Thirteen 2013

B.A.R.C.C. Connect will Launch October 15, 2018

Barrhead & Area Rural Crime Coallition (B.A.R.C.C>) will launch B.A.R.C.C. Connect in response to the increase of crime in the area.  This system will notify registrants, in real-time, of essential alerts in the region of the Town of Barrhead, County of Barrhead and Woodlands County. 

Click here to register.

Click here for the official press release.


Area Campgrounds are open year round.  The self-registration, first come first served campgrounds include County of Barrhead Operated Dolberg Lake, Peanut Lake, Holmes Crossing, and the Klondyke Ferry Crossing.  Cost per night is $12.00. For location and more detailed information on these and other campgrounds, contact the County office at 780-674-3331, or click here.

Employment Opportunities

Please check back for employment opportunities as they become available.

Grader Flags

The goal of the County of Barrhead is to clear the snow from all roadways within three days after the end of a snowfall. Individuals may also wish to have their driveways and approaches plowed. Grader Flags may be purchased from the County at a cost of $30.00.  We also require the signing of a hold harmless agreement by the landowner or renter. The individual must then set up the flag and make it readily visible at the driveway access point. The flag will be picked up by the Grader Operator when he completes the plowing. Driveways will be plowed at the discretion of the County, depending on snow fall amounts and circumstances. Follow these guidelines, and be prepared for the next big snowfall, before it happens! Please note unused grader flags do not expire from year to year, and can be refunded if you're unable to use them.

Fire Permit & Fire Ban Information


As of 12:00 noon on Friday June 1, 2018 there are currently no Fire Control orders in effect for the County of Barrhead No. 11.

Unless there is a Fire Control Order in place, other than campfire, any person in the County of Barrhead lighting an open fire (including a burn barrel) for burning debris, or any other purpose MUST HAVE A VALID FIRE PERMIT.  Fire permits are obtained from the Fire Guardian in your area. 

Click here  for a list of the Fire Guardians in the County of Barrhead.  Anyone who sets a fire MUST keep the fire under control. 

In the County of Barrhead No. 11, the landowner is required to pay for fire suppression costs on their land.  Please contact your insurance agent to find out what your coverage is and to ensure that you have adequate coverage.

Welcome Page - Fire Graphic